Crissanne Raymond made the best veggie burgers while her girls, Heather and Elizabeth were growing up. They were so good, in fact, and so many people loved them, the family decided to make them into a business and get them into the hands of hungry consumers. So NoBull Burger was born! NoBull Burgers are made with an organic lentil base mixed with a variety of roasted veggies creating one of the best tasting whole food veggieburgers available today. They pride themselves on their quality ingredients hence, the super fun name “NoBull”.
NoBull Burgers comes in 4 flavors; Savory Mushroom, Sun Dried Tomato, Spicy Italian and Original. They all have very unique flavor profiles and everyone likes a different burger. Some of the roasted veggies inside you’ll find include; eggplant, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, onions, sundried tomatoes and lots of herbs. They recently went totally vegan by substituting the egg they use as a binder for chia seeds and we couldn’t be happier with that! They are also 100% gluten free!
NoBull Burgers are great crumbled up on salads, pasta or used in tacos. You could also use them crumbled in a lasagna, as topping on a baked sweet potato, stuff them in a pepper or serve them in a tortilla, lettuce wrap or just eat it like a burger with a tomato, lettuce and your favorite condiments. Or use it some of the ways I’ve made it below – it has been so much fun getting creative with the product!!
NoBull Breakfast Sandwich
I used the recipe for the vegan egg here!
NoBull Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- 2 NoBull Burger Patties, thawed (any flavor will work but I like Savory Mushroom)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn or tapioca starch
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 4 ounces vegan cheese (diced) (optional, I like Chao!)
- 6 hamburger buns or dinner rolls work too!
- To a skillet, add 1 teaspoon of oil and the crumbled, thawed NoBull patties and cook on medium high heat for about five minutes.
- Remove the crumbles from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter on medium high heat and add onions, peppers and diced mushrooms and cook until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft, about five minutes.
- Add the crumbles back into the onion and mushroom mixture.
- In a small cup mix the veggie broth and cornstarch together.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
- Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in the diced vegan provolone cheese (this recipe is good without the cheese as well).
- Serve on toasted buns.
NoBull Burrito Bowl
NoBull makes a delicious taco meat if you just thaw, crumble and sprinkle with your favorite herb and spice blend and cook. Add to tacos, burritos, taco salads or make a burrito bowl like this one! Just add some cooked rice, grilled and fresh veggies and topped with a nice avocado cream sauce.
Italian Meatball Stroganoff
- 1/2 bag pasta noodles – preferrably spirals
For the meatballs:
- 2 NoBull burgers, thawed (any flavor is delicious)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, parsley works well!
For the sauce:
- 1/2 chopped onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth or vegan chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup Kite Hill unsweetened yogurt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix chia seeds with water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mash the meatball ingredients (along with the chia seed mixture) together until well mixed (do not add ingredients for the stroganoff sauce to this mixture)
- Scoop out with a tablespoon, spoonfuls of the mixture and form the mixture into meatballs with your hands.
- Place the formed meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet (you can also fry the meatballs in oil).
- Cook at 350 for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a second skillet, begin cooking the stroganoff sauce. Begin by adding 1/4 cup water and saute the onions on medium high heat until transparent, add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add mushrooms and cook another five minutes – add small amounts of the water, if needed so the mushrooms don’t stick to the pan.
- After the vegetable mixture is soft add the broth.
- Add the Kite Hill unsweetened yogurt and cook at a medium low heat until a gravy like consistency is achieved.
- Add soy sauce and other other herbs desired.
- Spoon the sauce over cooked pasta and top with meatballs. Enjoy!
NoBull Burgers are even great cooked, crumbled up and put in soup! You could top the soup with some fresh herbs and a little Kite Hill unsweetened yogurt or cashew cream! In the below photo I used a sweet potato premade soup (butternut squash would also be delicious) but it’s a great way to bulk up any soup. If you are making a homemade soup just cook NoBull according to package directions, crumble and drop into the soup!
The wonderful thing about NoBull is that it’s a veggie burger made from plants that tastes really good too! I also love that this is a small, woman owned business with a sustainable and health conscious mission. In the Denver area NoBull is available at Natural Grocers and Lucky’s Market. Like I mentioned above they are so fun to eat as a burger or use your creativity to make them into another dish. They are also great for quick meals or to take to summertime BBQs!! See their website for more details: https://nobullburger.com/
Now for the giveaway! YOU MUST BE LOCAL TO DENVER TO ENTER! Please enter here for your chance to win, good luck! http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/d8798bdf14/?